Benefits of Tai Chi
People who practice tai chi properly on a regular basis will reap many benefits. For years, tai chi has been thought to relieve stress, improve coordination, tone muscles, maintain good posture, develop flexibility, and helps neutralize the effects of arthritis.
In recent years, there has been research focused on the effects of tai chi on arthritis, fibromyalgia, diabetes, and seniors prone to falling, just to name a few. You can get access to abstracts of tai chi-related research by searching on Google Scholar.
- Stress Reduction: While practicing tai chi, your attention and focus is placed on your breath and movement, and therefore away from your everyday worries.
- Increase in awareness, clarity and concentration
- Increases pliability in the body rather than muscle power.
- Increase blood circulation
- Stimulate glandular activity
- Helps joint movement
- Improves posture and balance
- Healing tool for high blood pressure, anemia, gastric disturbances.